- 12 Week Foundation Course in Childhood/Infancy (Weekend)
- 1 Year Certifi cate Course in Early Childhood Education & Care (Weekend) + 2 Months Montessori Method
- 2 Year Diploma Course in Early Childhood Education & Care (Sandwich) at University of Cape Coast
- Management Programme - Proprietors Refresher Course
- In Service Training for Early Childhood Practitioners
- Short Courses for Nannies in Infancy and Childcare
- Creating and Production of Teaching and Learning Materials
By the end of the programmes, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how young children grow and develop.
- Apply skills of refl ective practice when working with young children.
- Develop and build strong skills in interpersonal relationships
- Build up developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood settings
- Assist young children’s growth, development, thinking and learning.
- Create an environment of care and love
- Promote wellness of young children – physical, emotional, social, psychological, health, nutrition and safety
- Create opportunities for exploration, discovery, and creativity among young children.
- Explain the importance of transitions and routines
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING COURSES AT THE INSTITUTE FOR CAREGIVERS
Some of the benefi ts of attending courses at the Institute are that it:-
- Boosts the confi dence of caregivers
- Enables caregivers to be aware of their rights and responsibilities
- Improves the education level of the caregivers
- Improves teaching in the Early Childhood Centres
- Improves and enhances care-giving abilities to enable caregivers handle children with care
- Affords graduate of the Institute the opportunity to have direct admission to pursue Diploma/Degree in Early Childhood Education at the Dept of Basic Education, University of Cape Coast.