UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST -
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN DEPARTMENT OF BASIC EDUCATION AND INSTITUTE FOR CAREGIVERS
With effect from 1st May, 2018, the Department of Basic Education, of the Faculty of Educational Foundations of the College of Education Studies of the University of Cape Coast has adopted The Institute For Caregivers as part of its outreach programme. As part of this Adoption, products from the Certificate Course at the Institute For Caregivers get direct admission into the Diploma Programme in Early Childhood Programme through the Sandwich Mode. Students at the end of Diploma programme who perform well have the possibility of continuing with Post-Diploma in Early Childhood Education
leading to the award of a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education. The content of the Certificate Course at the Institute is synchronized with that of the university. There will also be In- Service Training and professional development of the lecturers.
The Vision of the Institution is to “become a Centre of Excellence” for training of quality childcare providers and teachers in Early Childhood Education and Care to enable them work as Professional Caregivers or preschool teachers.
The mission of the Institute is to:
- Provide high quality professional courses in childcare at alltimes
- Enhance the quality of childcare services in Ghana
- Influence the quality of childcare services in Ghana
- Infl uence all practitioners of Early Childhood Education in a way that will enable them adopt developmentally appropriate practices and programmes in their settings
- Make our Institution a centre for foundation studies towards future success at higher levels of Early Childhood Education
- Provide avenue for research and inquiry into Early Childhood Education, Programmes and Activities
- Organise exchange programmes with institutions in Ghana and Overseas