- 12 Week Foundation Course in Childhood & Infancy (Weekend)
This is a fundamental program that introduces each participant to the care and education given to children at their early childhood stage. At the end of the program students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how young children grow and develop and be able to assist with young children’s growth, development, thinking and learning. It runs for 12 weeks and at the end of the programme the trainees are awarded a Certifi cate in CHILDHOOD AND INFANCY.
- 1 Year Certificate Course in Early Childhood Education and Care (Weekend)
The program is for a total duration of ten months made up of two semesters from January to May and from June to October. There are 20 weeks per Semester. It is designed to cater for such individuals who have the basic academic foundation and desire to acquire the necessary knowledge in Early Childhood Education and Care. This course enables trainees to understand how young children grow and develop in relation to the appropriate academic practices and its dynamics. It also includes two months intensive training on the Montessori Method of teaching. At the end of the programme trainees are awarded a Certificate in One Year Course in EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE.
- Diploma Course In Early Childhood Education and Care (Sandwich – Cape Coast University)
This program builds on the foundation laid in the Certifi cate program. It offers students the further possibility of understanding the philosophy and development of children, enables them to develop themselves professionally and personally, understand how children are to be taught and teach them how to manage effectively Childcare Centers. This Programme is undertaken at Cape Coast University awarded a DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE - SANDWICH
- In Service Training For Early Childhood Education and Care Practitioners
Our tailored In-service training aims at providing support to all teachers or Caregivers in different ways which take into consideration their needs, priorities set by the School or Organization and the current scientifi c knowledge and practice in the area.
- Management Programme – Proprietors Refresher Course
Most providers often begin their schools with no training other than that of being a head teacher or parent. Since caring for a group of children often can present more challenges than their experience has prepared them to meet, it is useful for them to participate in this program. This provider training program is related to the quality of child care, assessing the needs of the program in their location and running their centre as a business
- Consultancy – Recruitment of Personnel for Preschools
The Institute offers Consultancy Services to persons interested in starting a school and assist in the recruitment of personnel for Preschools.
- Developing of Supportive Teaching and Learning Educational Materials
The Institute runs workshops to teach the creating and production of Teaching and Learning Materials for use in Early Childhood Education Centers. These workshops are held during the vacation period.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- School Leavers – Holders of JHS/SHS/GES ‘O’ and ‘A’ level
- Technical and Vocational Certifi cates including students awaiting results.
- Pre-School Teachers – Teachers and attendants who work in Pre-Schools and in Early Childhood Programs (Day Care Centers, Creche, Nursery Schools and Kindergartens) You may be teaching and caring for preschoolers with no training this is an opportunity for you to upgrade yourself
- Proprietors – Supervisors and Heads of Preschools or Childcare providers and Early Childhood Development Centers.
- Parents & Nannies who wish to have a better understanding of how to care for children.
- Staff of NGO’s working in Child Care institutions
- Carers and anyone who handles children in homes, orphanages or works with children is encouraged to acquire professional knowledge at the Institute For Caregivers to enable them care and educate these special children properly.